Headwater Teas infuses our teas with the following certified organic or wild harvested herbal extracts.
Our Allergy Symptom Support tea is infused with 17 herbal extracts to help alleviate symptoms from allergic rhinitis, hayfever, or indoor allergies. Please note this tea is not intended to help with the symptoms of food allergies.
Whether you suffer from winter allergies, fall allergies, or the always fun spring and summer allergies, this tea infusion can help your body fight inflammation, cough, sneezing, runny nose or runny, itchy eyes. See below how each of the 17 herbs can help with your seasonal allergies:
Shop our Tea Selection - Pick your tea flavor and make sure the "Allergy Symptom Support" option is selected.
Allergy Symptom Support Extracts:
- Butterbur Dried Root. Used to alleviate symptoms of hayfever allergic rhinitis, and to alleviate cough, fever, asthma and skin wounds.
- Stinging Nettles Dried Leaf. The leaves of the stinging nettle have been used for treatment of allergies, hayfever, and many other symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
- Astragalus Dried Root. Used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries for boosting the immune system, reducing free radical production, and general heart health.
- Ashwagandha Dried Root. Seen as an “adaptogen” to help the body to cope with daily stress. Also used for a wide array of ailments, but for our purposes it can help with inflammation, backache, hiccups, and asthma.
- Eleuthero Siberian Ginseng Dried Root. Used by herbalists for thousands of years to boost immunity, longevity, reduce fatigue, increase endurance and reducing the length and severity of influenza and pneumonia symptoms.
- Reishi Dried Mushroom. Also known as the Tonic of Emperors, an age-old medicine used for boosting the immune system to fight viral infections, lung conditions, heart disease, kidney and liver diseases, and reducing fatigue.
- Echinacea Dried Root. Increases the body’s white blood cell count, your body’s natural defense.
- Myrrh Gum Resin. Used for indigestion, colds, coughs, asthma, lung congestion and arthritis pain, due to its ability to reduce swelling, inflammation, and bacterial growth.
- Lemon Balm Dried Leaf. Has a calming effect on the body, useful in treating swollen airways, anxiety, high blood pressure, and intestinal issues.
- Valerian Dried Root. Used as a natural pain reliever and muscle relaxer, and is helpful for inflammation caused by hayfever.
- St. John’s Wort Dried Herb. St. John’s wort is a well known herb used to alleviate stress, lower anxiety or depression. This helps your body and mind fight off those allergy blues.
- Licorice Dried Root. Our licorice is sans anise or fennel, which gives black licorice its characteristic smell and flavor. Taken along with ginseng, licorice root can improve the function of adrenal glands, as well as treat sore throats, coughs, asthma, bronchitis, and bacterial or viral infections.
- Ginseng Dried Root. Ginseng is used to lessen the effects of infections caused by cold and flu viruses. It boosts the immune system, acts as a stimulant and can help lower stress.
- Ginger Dried Root. Used for various types of stomach problems, such as upset stomach, nausea, and loss of appetite.
- Olive Leaf Dried Leaf. Known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and disease fighting characteristics.
- Hawthorne Dried Berry. An antioxidant powerhouse, also regulates blood pressure and other heart issues.
- Garlic Dried Root. Helps regulate blood pressure and other heart issues, but most importantly is used to treat the symptoms of hayfever/allergic rhinitis.