Cleansing Tea - Herbal Extract Descriptions
Headwater Teas infuses our teas with the following certified organic or wild harvested herbal extracts.
Our Cleansing Tea is a proprietary combination of 10 herbal extracts designed to reduce the body's bad cholesterol, lower high blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and increase the body's level of anti-oxidants. Our Cleansing tea is the perfect addition to a cleanse or detox program (3 day cleanse or 10 day cleanse). This cleansing herb-infused tea could be also used by sufferers of lupus, atherosclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and even help fight fatigue and provide your body and mind with positive energy.
Shop our Tea Selection - Pick your tea flavor and make sure the "Cleansing Tea" option is selected.
See the list below to explore how our infused herbs can help boost your body's natural cleansing, detoxifying and weight-loss systems:
Cleansing Tea Extracts:
- Turmeric Dried Rhizome. Contains curcuminoids (mainly curcumin) and antioxidants which protect the body from free radicals, which can damage and break down important organic substances, such as fatty acids, proteins and DNA. Curcumin has also shown to be effective in fighting Alzheimer's, brain degeneration, certain cancers, heart disease, inflammation, and depression.
- Milk Thistle Dried Seed. Silymarin is the main active component in milk thistle, and it has been shown to improve liver function to help cleanse the body of unwanted toxins. Milk thistle also contains antioxidants, can reduce inflammation, provide heart health benefits as well as lower the severity of diabetes.
- Red Clover Dried Herb and Blossoms. Red Clover is a great blood purifier and diurectic (increases urine production) to help purify the body. It can also be helpful in reducing acne, reduction of cellulite, increasing energy levels, and balancing hormone levels.
- Buckthorn Dried Bark. Buckthorn is bursting with healthy minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Has also been shown to protect your liver and reduce the damaging effects of radiation.
- Irish Moss Dried Powder. Irish moss is a nutrient dense seaweed with many health benefits, including helping to balance thyroid hormones, respiratory health, digestion and weight loss.
- Chlorella Dried Powder. Seen as the new Spirulina, this nutrient and vitamin dense green algae has been shown to bind with heavy metals in the body, lower harmful food-borne chemicals and enhance the body's natural detoxing ability.
- Oregon Grape Dried Root. A very powerful herbal antibiotic, many studies have shown that this herb could help fight the scary viral infection known commonly as MRSA. Another fun fact, when hiking here in Jackson Hole, one of my favorite finds (other than spotting animals) is the Oregon Grape. It is a super bitter little berry, but I sure do love munching on them in the fall. This grape root is helpful to increase liver and gallbladder function as well as digestion.
- Neem Dried Leaves. A natural detoxifier and blood purifier, also has antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and antiseptic properties.
- Stinging Nettles Dried Root. Contains properties which cleanse your body, blood, flushes out toxins and facilitate maintaining clear skin.
- Chickweed Dried Aerial Parts. Increases the permeability of cell walls and can draw out toxins, and provides an abundance of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.