Immune System Support Tea - Herbal Extract Descriptions
Headwater Teas infuses our teas with the following certified organic or wild harvested herbal extracts.
Our Immune System Support Tea is packed with 17 different herbal extracts to help your body's immune system stay in top shape. Drink our immunity herb-infused teas to keep from getting sick, or if you do get sick, this tea will lower the duration and intensity of your cold or flu symptoms.
Shop our Tea Selection - Pick your tea flavor and make sure the "Immune System Support" option is selected.
See the following list of how our infused herbs can help boost your immune system:
Immune System Support Extracts
- Eucalyptus Dried Leaf. Used for treatment of respiratory ailments such as cough, sore throat, asthma and congestion. Also known to reduce fevers and as a stress reliever.
- Peppermint Dried Leaf. Used for treatment of nausea, common cold symptoms, diarrhea, muscle and nerve pain, headaches and indigestion. Our peppermint infusion won’t impart a minty taste to our tea infusions due to the method they are processed.
- Goldenseal Dried Root. Traditionally used for the treatment of common cold symptoms, respiratory issues, diarrhea, indigestion, stomach pain and swelling, ulcers, constipation, intestinal gas, and hay fever.
- Eleuthero Siberian Ginseng Dried Root. Used by herbalists for thousands of years to boost immunity, longevity, reduce fatigue, increase endurance and reducing the length and severity of influenza and pneumonia symptoms.
- Astragalus Dried Root. Used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries for boosting the immune system, reducing free radical production, and general heart health.
- Ashwagandha Dried Root. Seen as an “adaptogen” to help the body to cope with daily stress. Also used for a wide array of ailments, but for our purposes it can help with inflammation, backache, hiccups, and asthma.
- Reishi Dried Mushroom. Also known as the Tonic of Emperors, an age-old medicine used for boosting the immune system to fight viral infections, lung conditions, heart disease, kidney and liver diseases, and reducing fatigue.
- Echinacea Dried Root. Increases the body’s white blood cell count, your body’s natural defense against germs.
- Myrrh Gum Resin. Used for indigestion, colds, coughs, asthma, lung congestion and arthritis pain, due to its ability to reduce swelling, inflammation, and bacterial growth.
- Licorice Dried Root. Our licorice is sans anise or fennel, which gives black licorice its characteristic smell and flavor. Taken along with ginseng, licorice root can improve the function of adrenal glands, as well as treat sore throats, coughs, asthma, bronchitis, and bacterial or viral infections.
- Ginseng Dried Root. Ginseng is used to lessen the effects of infections caused by cold and flu viruses. It boosts the immune system, acts as a stimulant and can help lower stress.
- Ginger Dried Root. Used for various types of stomach problems, such as upset stomach, nausea, and loss of appetite.
- Elder Dried Berry. Rich in flavonoids, especially anthocyanins which can boost the immune system and enhance the body’s immune response. They are anti-inflammatory and also contain anti-viral compounds.
- Sheep Sorrel Dried Herb. Taken by mouth for the reduction of inflammation of the nasal passages, also used to treat swelling of the respiratory tract.
- Gentian Dried Root. Used to treat digestion problems, as well as a fever reducer and germ killer.
- Galangal Dried Root. High in antioxidants, used as an anti-inflammatory agent as well as for its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial compounds.
- Stinging Nettle Dried Leaf. Used as a pain reliever, it also has anti-inflammatory and infection fighting capabilities.